User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Trucks World News: TRUCKER'S STORY * USA - Former welder makes career of trucking, and loves it
Google
 
Loading

Sep 24, 2008

TRUCKER'S STORY * USA - Former welder makes career of trucking, and loves it

Woodland, Calif,USA -The Trucker. by BARB KAMPBELL -24 Sept 2008: -- John “Jack” Dobbins, an owner-operator who lives in Woodland, Calif., said he has “no idea” why he got into trucking, but once he did he stayed. He’s been a driver for 28 years and drives flatbed to the 48 states and Canada, in his 1997 Mack... Dobbins was a welder who had gotten pretty bored with the job... Dobbins said his favorite thing about being on the road is the privacy and the control... “If I drive 450 miles and feel like quitting I don’t have to ask anybody. I just shut it down”... And despite all his comments about the negatives of trucking it’s not all that bad, he said... “I do love trucking, to be honest,” Dobbins said. “My wife said she could never imagine me doing anything else. She said I’m really good at it; I don’t know about that”... (Photo by Barb Kampbell/The Trucker - Jack Dobbins loves the freedom of the open road)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home