User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Trucks World News: Opinion * USA - Trucks make streets unsafe
Google
 
Loading

Dec 11, 2006

Opinion * USA - Trucks make streets unsafe

Chico,CA,USA -Enterprise.Record, by Juanita Sumner -10 Dec 2006: -- I have some questions about the accident in which a Chico police officer (*) was hit in his patrol car by a speeding, red-light-running, out-of-control super truck... 1) How did the officer survive? The hood of the truck towered over the car and the front of the truck was inside the driver's seat... 2) Why does our city allow behemoths like this to travel our streets? I've seen commercial trucks like this have to back up to navigate a corner right in front of my house... These accidents will increase and there will be fatalities. Within days of this accident, my family watched a young man back his giant bread truck right into the side of a parked pickup truck in front of Smart and Final on Mangrove. He completely caved in the passenger door... My heart goes out to (*)officer Terry Tupper -- he lived my nightmare. My family travels highways all over this state, and I never feel as threatened as I do right on my own city streets... (Photo: Chico police officer Terry Tupper -right- waits with his wife, Elaina Stevens, a Shasta County...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home