User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Trucks World News: MEXICANS' TRUCKS OPINION * USA - Can 660 people represent “most Americans?”
Google
 
Loading

Aug 21, 2009

MEXICANS' TRUCKS OPINION * USA - Can 660 people represent “most Americans?”

But, in the end, I guess 660 people is the “majority of Americans”

New York,NY,USA -Transport Topics, by Brian Straight -August 18, 2009: -- Late last week, I received a press release from the Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) telling me that “most Americans agree with professional truckers about Mexican trucks”... OOIDA piced up on a Rasmussen Report that said 66% of American adults surveyed do not want Mexican trucks to carry loads on American Highways... OK, fine. I don’t doubt that it is true. However, the survey, conducted Aug. 10-11, asked 1,000 adults... For the record, 19% said yes, 66% no and 15% were not sure with a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points... I’m no polling expert and I’m not sure what that actually means, but I don’t see how 1,000 adults is a statistically representative sample of the 217.8 million adults (age 18 and over) in the U.S. according to the Census Bureau...


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home