User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Trucks World News: OPINION - CANADA - Bridging the gap
Google
 
Loading

Jan 28, 2005

OPINION - CANADA - Bridging the gap

CANADA - Today's Trucking,by Rolf Lockwood - Jan. 2005: Every time I drive across the Ambassador Bridge between Windsor, Ont., and Detroit, Mich.,... the only word I can find to describe the feeling of being on that long span a couple of hundred feet above the water --together with maybe 100 stationary trucks. I’m really not a nervous, fearful sort, but my imagination has no trouble conjuring up a collapse... The bridge, you see, was built in 1929 when trucks were just a tad lighter and not exactly as numerous. I don’t have traffic figures to compare then and now, but hell, cross-border trade has expanded by 100 times in those 75 years. Seriously, I have to ask if the bridge can take the 10,000 heavy trucks it now holds aloft every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home