CICLONE DEBBIE * Australia: TIPS FOR DRIVING IN STORMS
* Canberra - ATA Safety Alert: Hurricane Debbie
--- The ATA is urging everyone on the roads, travelling within and to Queensland to drive carefully... As there are additional dangers and difficulties created during a storm, a responsible driver should plan their driving time and route to ensure they are not on the road during a storm event... Due to the unpredictable road conditions that Cyclone Debbie may generate, Transport and Main Roads, (TMR) and Queensland Police Service (QPS) have restricted heavy vehicle movement.
* TIPS FOR DRIVING IN STORMS
- Plan the time and route of travel to avoid threatening storms
- If you cannot avoid the storm; consider stopping
- Remember it is better to arrive late than not arrive at all!
- Be prepared for the reckless actions of other drivers
- Turn your headlights on, see and be seen
- Hold the steering wheel in both hands ready for aquaplaning
- Leave room to manoeuvre
- Drive to the prevailing conditions
- Be ready for the unexpected
- Never drive through flood waters
The ATA wishes everyone and their families all the best in this difficult time and to stay safe...
(Photo: Cyclone Debbie, a monster category 4 storm, is currently barrelling its way towards the Queensland coast) -- Canberra, Australia Capitol Territory - Australia Trucking Associations - 27 March 2017