* UK - European truck makers better positioned than in 2009 to cope with a slowdown
London,EN,UK -Reuters -Sep 19, 2012: -- Fitch Ratings says that increasingly adverse conditions in truck end-markets will threaten European manufacturers' cash flow and earnings in H212. However, the agency believes that European truck makers are better positioned to adapt to this year's slow-down, compared with the 2009 recession thanks to lower operational and financial gearing...
* India - Daimler enters Indian truck market with localised 'Bharat Benz' models
Mumbai,India -The Economic Times -27 Sept. 2012: -- After four years of preparation and traversing 6.2 million kilometers on Indian roads, the worlds largest truck maker Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) has entered the Indian trucking space with highly localised trucks under its brand Bharat Benz... It plans to take on the top two truck makers in the country Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland, in India's price-sensitive truck market, Bharat Benz has priced its trucks at a 3-9% premium over existing leaders, claiming, with the higher ticket price, the truck operator stands to gain from 10-15% better fuel efficiency and a faster turnaround time with more powerful trucks, thereby offering 10% better total cost of operating the truck vis-a-vis its competitors...
* Germany - MAN Says New Design will Reduce Fuel and Carbon Emissions by an Average of 25%
(Photo: German trailer manufacturer Krone and truck manufacturer MAN displayed a concept vehicle)
Augsburg Germany -SCDigest -26 Sept 2012: -- German truck maker MAN unveiled this week an aerodynamic class 8 tractor-trailer the company says can cut fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions by some 25%... With both diesel gas costs and greenhouse gas emissions continuing to be major sources of concern for carriers and shippers, the new truck platform may gain substantial interest... MAN says it made extensive use of a wind tunnel in developing the design and reaching their aerodynamic targets... The new prototype was displayed at the IAA Commercial Vehicles expo in Hanover, Germany. MAN says the vehicle has the same load capacity of a conventional truck, while at the same time achieving the low drag coefficient of a passenger car... MAN is providing the tractor (the Concept S), while partner Krone developed the AeroLiner trailer...
* Europe / Netherlands - All about the new DAF XF
Eindhoven,Netherlands -Truck and Business (Belgium), by Claude Yvens -18 Sept 2012: -- This is the main novelty of the IAA that has not been disclosed before the show (and Paccar knows how to keep a secret ...): DAF Trucks introduced its new XF this morning. And after years of stagnation style (which did not prevent DAF progress each year in the European market)... The new XF is firmly in modernity: * the cabin retains its cubic form which guarantees an interior optimum , but with a front face entirely new, more aerodynamic in its lower portion and bearing a grille much larger (to increase the air flow required for cooling the engine). It also notes the LED headlights (option)
* inside the cabin is also completely new: dashboard, seats and steering wheel are new, the brake pedal is now suspended and the floor is raised by 3 cm from the cab's current XF. The maximum volume of the cabin is 12.6 m³ version of Super Space Cab, offering an interior height of 225 cm which knows no equal on competitive vehicles. The bunks are also elongated to 220 cm max.
* the radius engines, DAF XF uses the new generation engine Paccar MX offering 410, 460 and 510 hp.
* the chassis is new and has kept a maximum capacity 1500 liters of fuel tanks, in particular by positioning the AdBlue tank under the cab. The new axles have a suspension Stabilink that incorporates anti-roll function.
* DAF finally provides a system of support for eco-driving performance, the DPA (Driver Performance Assistant) which combines analysis of driving style and advice time real, including tire pressure and position of baffles... The new DAF XF is a little heavier than its predecessor (90 kg maximum)...
* Germany - Mercedes Actros: range extension down
Stuttgart,Germany -Truck and Business (Belgium),by Claude Yvens -17 Sept 2012: -- The Mercedes Actrs receives two new Euro 6 engine 6 cylinders in line, in addition to the 12.8 liter OM471 propels since last year:
- A 7.7 liter OM936 delivers 238, 272, 299, 320 and 354 hp (1000 to 1400 Nm torque)
- a 10.7 liter OM470 delivers 326, 360, 394 and 428 hp (1700, 1800, 1900 and 2100 Nm) Actros range thus covers a range of wattages between 238 and 510 hp.
The new engine OM470 can hold the weight of 6500 kg and Actros to launch a version for transport citernier Loader (cab ClassicSpace engine 428 hp and 300 liter tank)...
* France - Renault Trucks introduces its new Euro 6 engines
Saint-Priest,France -Truck and Business (Belgium), by Claude Yvens -13 Sept 2012: -- Pending renouvelleemnt depth of its range of vehicles, Renault Trucks presented its new range of Euro 6 moteuirs at the IAA 2012. However, these engines will be available as of 1 January 2014, the deadline set by European regulations... The new engines are called DTI and replace the current generation of engines DCI. All engines combine online SCR, EGR and a particulate filter.
* DTI5 the injection Common Rail is a 4 cylinder 5 liter that provides 210 hp (800 Nm) and 240 hp (900 Nm).
* The DTI 8 Common Rail injection is a 6-cylinder 8-liter that provides 250 hp (950 Nm), 280 hp (1050 Nm), 320 hp (1200 Nm).
* The DTI11 Injection Common Rail is a 6-cylinder 11-liter which provides 380 hp (1800 Nm), 430 hp (2050 Nm), 460 hp (2200 Nm).
* DTI 13 Injector pump is a 6-cylinder 13-liter that provides 440 hp (2200 Nm), 480 hp ( 2400 Nm) and 520 hp (2550 Nm).
* Europe / Portugal - The Fuso Canter Eco Hybrid is now manufactured in Europe
Tramagal,Portugal -Truck and Business (Belgium), by Claude Yvens -17 Sept 2012: -- Sign that hybrid vehicles are beginning to find their way in Europe: the Fuso Canter Eco Hybrid is now manufactured in the Tramagal factory , Portugal. Sales start from the third quarter...
* Brazil - Foton Motor builds factory in
Beijing,China -China Daily, by Meng Fanbin -14 Sept 2012: --
Chinese truck maker Beiqi Foton Motor Co Ltd will invest $300 million to build its first factory in Brazil, which is expected to begin production next year, authorities in the Bahia state said... Foton Motors do Brazil, has signed an agreement to build a plant in Camacari... The factory, which will cover an area of 1 million square meters, is expected to produce two types of commercial vehicles. By 2017, its annual production capacity will reach 30,000 vehicles...
Labels: truckmakers news USA, truckmakers news worldwide