TRUCKING INDUSTRY NEWS * WORLDWIDE
* Germany - Deutsche Post Earnings Hurt by Costs at U.S. Express Unit
Bonn,Germany -Bloomberg News/ Transport Topics -31 July 2008: -- Deutsche Post AG, parent of U.S. parcel carrier DHL Express, said its second-quarter profit fell 11% to about $396 million, or 33 cents a share, on costs to revamp its parcel delivery business in North America... Deutsche Post, Bonn, Germany, said it spent about $73.7 in the second quarter on restructuring at the DHL Express U.S. Consequently, earnings before interest and taxes at the parent company sank 52% to about $48.6 million, Bloomberg said...
* Global Mergers & Acquisitions
* France - 21 July: Keolis SA, a portfolio company of AlpInvest Partners, Intermediate Capital Group PLC and AXA Private Equity, has acquired Sofitra SA. Sofitra is a bus company based in Plouedern, France. Terms were not disclosed.
* Sweden - 21 July: Peab Industri AB announced the acquisition of UMF Entreprenad AB. Based in Sweden, UMF provides transportation and machinery contract services for the construction and civil engineering market. Terms were not disclosed.
* China - 22 July: Sky One Holdings Limited has acquired Jet International Courier Group Holdings. Based in China, Jet International provides international courier services. Terms were not disclosed.
* UK - 22 July: Trafficmaster plc has announced the acquisition of TRI-MEX Group Limited for $9.5 million. Based in London, TRI-MEX provides international cargo tracking, monitoring and response services for cargo and transport assets.
* China - 22 July: New Legend Holdings Limited has announced the acquisition of CITC for $20.8 million. Based in China, CITC provides shipping agency services.
* Israel - 22 July: Merhav Ampal Energy Ltd. has announced the acquisition of 20.7% of Gadot Chemical Tankers & Terminals Ltd. for $23.5 million. Based in Netanya, Israel, Gadot is a holding company that offers chemical distribution and shipping services.
* España - 21 July: -- 21 Centrale Partners SA announced the acquisition of Fleurop-Interflora España, S.A. for $19.0 million. Based in Madrid, Spain, Fleurop-Interflora provides delivery of cut flowers and floral arrangements.
* USA - 21 July: The Jordan Company, L.P. announced the acquisition of 76.0% of Harvey Gulf International Marine, Inc. for $500.0 million. Based in Harvey, Louisiana, Harvey Gulf owns and operates ocean going towing vessels in the Gulf of Mexico.
(From: Transport Intelligence -London,UK -30 July 2008)
Labels: trucking industry news worldwide